Benefits and resources
ReTrain to Retain offers a wealth of training, resources and tools to support fitness professionals, group exercise instructors, sports coaches and volunteers.
You’ll be able to access great resources, benefits and support packages, based on your individual role and personal circumstances (such as where you work and the type of people you work with).
Benefits for everyone
Anyone involved in the delivery of sport and physical activity in England can access a range of funded training resources to support you in your role, as we continue to recover from Covid-19. Click here for more detail on these benefits.
Benefits for everyone accepted into the programme
ReTrain to Retain participants in any eligible paid role, who have been impacted by Covid-19, will also be able to enjoy free access to a range of benefits supplied by CIMSPA, including:
- The Digital Marketing Hub, a free hub of on demand training, webinars, and mentorship to help you upskill your digital marketing ability.
- 20 pieces of digital learning and 30 webinars to help you get back into work or increase your working hours - covering job applications, interview techniques, being resilient, managing your personal and business finances.
- A job matching service to support you in gaining new employment or additional hours.
- A 35% discount with Bloomsbury to support you when buying resources to support your learning.
- Discounted endorsed training from CIMSPA education partners in areas such as marketing yourself and personal development.
- Discounted training from Les Mills, TRX, Net Profit Explosion, inside track, Fibodo and Burrell Education.
- Keep in touch with the latest developments in the sector through regular bulletins from CIMSPA.
Extra benefits for paid sports coaches and group exercise professionals
Applicants from specific job roles (assistant sports coach, sports coach or group exercise instructor) who have been made unemployed or seen your working hours restricted due to Covid-19, will be able to access additional benefits from EMD UK or UK Coaching, depending on your role.
EMD UK benefits:
- Free membership of EMD UK in the relevant category, or
- £50 off a selection of Level 2 and Level 3 training courses, or
- A voucher for 6 months off the class booking system – the Lite Booking System package, or
- £50 of PPL credits allowing you to use licenced music when delivering your classes.
UK Coaching benefits for paid sports coaches:
Full 12 months access to UK Coaching’s learning and development content:
- A UK Coaching Club subscription, worth £24 per year, with 12 months unlimited access to over 500 learning resources, plus specific eLearning courses:
- St John Ambulance First Aid Digital refresher
- Inclusive Activity Programme, developed with the Activity Alliance
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Duty to Care Digital Badge
- Those in paid coaching roles can also benefit from all of the above, plus
- Safeguarding Refresher eLearning, developed with the NSPCC
- Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity eLearning course, developed with Mind
- 12 months multi-sport insurance cover (SRP £76)
Extra support for those who need it most
Selected individuals (see eligibility) who have been the most impacted by the pandemic and require the most support, will benefit from all of the above, plus:
- Access to ReTrain funding, covering 100% of the costs of qualifications and CPD, determined by a Training Needs Analysis
- Additional support provided based on your identified needs.